Please join us on Saturday, June 18, 2022 for the inaugural Bison Stampede 5K at the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station hosted by the Niagara Top 3. The Niagara Top 3 is an organization comprised of Senior Non-Commissioned Officers assigned to the 914th Air Refueling Wing. While the group doesn't hold an official status with the US Air Force, it operates and provides support to units operating on the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station. The group's objective is to build comradeship and enhance professional development throughout the wing by hosting educational opportunities for junior Airmen and Non-Commissioned Officers and providing quarterly scholarships to high performing members of the 914 ARW. Below is a full list of our objectives:
Section 1: Provide advice to commanders and Top 3 members in a problem solving capacity.
Section 2: Recommend policy changes through the Command Chief, if he/she agrees to participate, on issues concerning the entire community
Section 3: Establish a channel of communication to voice opinions
Section 4: Provide individual members with corporate assistance when merited
Section 5: Encourage comradeship amongst the members
Section 6: Become actively involved in community affairs involving the citizens of the 914th Air Refueling Wing.
A portion of the proceeds will be directed to the 914 ARW's Chaplain's Assistance Fund and used to support Airmen and families who are in a time of need
The race will start promptly at 12:00pm in front of the Community Activity Center using USATF Course #NY19021JJ.
ITINERARY: SATURDAY, JUNE 18, 2022
1000-1145 Race Packet Pickup and check-in (Building #503)
1145-1150 National Anthem
1150-1155 Welcoming Remarks
1200 Race Begins
1245 Race Concludes (Or when all participants finish)
1230-1330 Food & Beverages
Post race food/snacks will be provided and the bar will also be open for those who wish to purchase drinks.PARKINGThere will be plenty of free parking on the base in the parking lot adjacent to the start/finish line. Plan to arrive early as all civilians will be required to enter via the main gate and are subject to security inspection.Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station10405 Lockport RoadNiagara Falls, NY 14304AGE GROUPS & AWARDSAwards will be presented to the top overall male and female civilian runners along with the top male and female military (active or retired). All participants will recieve a custom finisher medal to commemorate the event and age group award decals will be presented that can be affixed to the back of the medals. Age group awards will be given out to the top three male and female 5K runners in each of the following age groups:14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and older.CONTACT USFor additional information on the race please Michael Peppers, Niagara Top 3 Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org or (716)236-2405
REGISTRATION & PACKET PICKUPPlease note that online registration has been extended until Thursday June 16th at midnight. This event is only open to US citizens. There will be no civilian registration option after this deadline as all participants must be pre-screened prior to entering the base and will be asked to enter their drivers license number or other ID information as requested during the online registration process. All pre-screened participants will be asked to show their ID at the security gate before being allowed to enter the base. We are not responsible if you forget to bring your ID and are refused access.Military personnel holding a valid Common Access Card (CAC) will be allowed to register on race day, however it is preferred that they register by Monday June 13th so we can order you an official race shirt.Check-in and packet pickup will take place at the Heritage Center from 10:00am right up until the start of the race at 12:00pm. Be sure to arrive early to avoid potentially long lines at the security checkpoint. We are not responsible if you miss the race due to security delays.
- 5K RUN/WALK REGISTRATION
- $30 through 6/10/22
- $35 6/11/22 through 6/15/22
- includes custom finisher medal for the first 150 registered participants along with post race food/snacks. Shirts guaranteed through 6/13/22 at 5pm.
*Specators must be pre-registered and will receive base access, an official race shirt, and post race food/snacks.
- SPECTATOR REGISTRATION*
- $30 through 6/15/22
- includes race shirt (must register by 6/13 at 5pm) plus post race food/snacks
*This race will be limited to 250 maximum participants
POST RACE CELEBRATION
DIRECTIONS COMING FROM BUFFALO:
- Take I-190N (toll road)
- Take exit 23 Packard Rd towards NY-182/Porter Rd
- Turn Right onto Packard Rd
- Continue Straight on Packard Rd
- Turn Right onto Entrance Ave (Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station)
DIRECTIONS COMING FROM ROCHESTER:
- Take I-90 West toward Buffalo (toll road)
- Take exit 50 (I-290) toward Niagara Falls
- Use the Right 2 lanes to take exit 3 for US 62/Niagara Falls Blvd
- Turn Right onto Niagara Falls Blvd
- Turn Right onto Walmore Rd
- Turn Left onto Lockport Rd
- Turn Left onto Entrance Ave (Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station)
PROCEDURES FOR GATE ACCESS:
TIMING & FINISH LINE SERVICESProfessional timing and finish line services using industry leading Jaguar Electronic RFID timing will be provided by Race Management Solutions. Results are updated throughout the race in real time and can be accessed at any time after crossing the finish line using any one of the following options:
- All persons in the vehicle are required to show a Valid Driver’s License or CAC (100% ID check)
- All vehicles and participants are subject to random search
- All participants must be pre-screened prior to entering the base.
- All pre-screened participants will be asked to show their ID at the security gate before being allowed to enter the base. We are not responsible if you forget to bring your ID and are refused access.
- Once you have cleared Security, please follow the signs for Parking.
Race participants can also use the ITSYourRace platform to view and share finish line photos with family and friends for free on Facebook. Custom finisher certificates can also be downloaded from the results page at no charge!
- FREE ITSYourRace Mobile App
- RMS Race Results Kiosk/Printer
- Scrolling Results TV Monitor(s)